• 1 red pepper finely chopped
• A handful of chopped leeks
• 1 cup of frozen chopped butternut squash
• 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste or 1 chopped onion
• 1 tsp chana masala or madras curry powder
• 1 tsp garlic and coriander seasoning
• 2 handfuls of spinach leaves
• 1 tsp paprika
• 5 eggs
• Splash of milk
For the pesto:
• 1 bunch of basil
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/2 a roasted red pepper-skin of
• 1/2 lemon juiced
• 1/4 cup cashew nuts
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 1 tsp chilli paste
• Salt and pepper to season
1 In a large frying pan, drizzle some oil and add the garlic and ginger paste and saute. Add the red pepper, leeks and saute well.
2 Simmer the squash or defrost in the microwave until soft.
3 Add the spinach followed by the squash and mix all the vegetables until tender and cooked.
4 Whisk the eggs in a jug along with the milk, add the spices and season with salt and pepper.
5 Pour the egg mixture over the veggies until covered and cook for a few minutes.
6 Heat the grill and place the omelette under the grill (handle facing out) so the top can cook-should be golden.
7 For the pesto simply blitz all the ingredients in a blender until a smooth consistency.
8 Serve the omelette with the pesto. This omelette taste great the next day, sprinkle some cheese on top for added flavour.
This looks like a great omelette. I like the Indian spices . I cant wait to make it very soon! YUM! 💗