• 300g of any pasta – I have used Rigatoni pasta
• 200g pasta sauce – I have used Mr Organic roasted garlic pasta sauce mr-organic .com
• 1 large carrot roughly sliced
• 1 tsp chilli flakes
• 200g green beans roughly chopped
• 1 large aubergine quartered
• 2 garlic cloves crushed
• 250g sliced mushrooms
• 1 cup dairy or non dairy milk- I have used almond milk
• 1 tbs vegan spread or butter
• 1 tbs plain flour
• 100g of grated cheese
• 50g breadcrumbs
1 Pre heat oven 180 degrees Celsius, gas mark 4.
2 In a pan, drizzle some olive oil and sauté the garlic on a medium heat. Add all the vegetables and pan fry until tender.
3 Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water for about 10-12 minutes until al dente- drain well.
4 Add the pasta to the vegetables along with the tomato sauce, mix well and season with chilli flakes salt and pepper.
5 To make the white sauce, add the butter or spread to a pan and allow to melt. Add the flour and mix until a smooth dough forms. Now add the milk and gently whisk on a low heat until a smooth sauce forms.
6 Once the sauce starts to thicken season with salt, pepper and some of the grated cheese. If the sauce does not become thick, add some cornflour mixed with a little water.
7 Add the mixed vegetable pasta to a large baking dish, pour over the white sauce, sprinkle over the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
8 Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until cheese has melted.