Vegan/Makes 12-16 squares
• 2 medium ripe bananas
• 1 cup of plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup of almond milk or any choice of milk
• 1/2 cup of vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
• 1/2 cup of maple syrup
• 1/4 cup of cacao or cocoa powder
• 1 tbs smooth peanut butter
• 1/3rd cup of cashew nuts roughly chopped (can use nuts of your choice)
1 Pre heat oven to 180m degrees Celsius, gas mark 4. Grease and line a square baking tin.
2 In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, cacao and salt and mix.
3 In a smaller bowl mash the bananas, add the milk, oil , syrup and peanut butter and whisk until smooth. If you prefer more banana pieces, mash it less.
4 Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix together, add the cashew nuts and combine until a thick smooth batter.
5 Pour the brownie batter into the baking tin and spread and even out.
6 Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
7 Cool, cut into square pieces and keep in an air tight container, can be served warm with ice cream or yoghurt as a pudding.