• 2 cups of frozen cut butternut squash or 1 fresh butternut squash roughly chopped
• 1 bag of fresh kale roughly chopped
• 1 pack of tender stem broccoli roughly chopped
• 1 tin of mixed pulses rinsed and drained
• 1 lemon juiced
• Handful of pine nuts
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp paprika
• 2 cups of quinoa or ready cooked microwaveable quinoa or mixed grains of your choice
1 Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, gas mark 4.
2 Place the squash on to a baking tray, drizzle with some oil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until roasted and cooked.
3 In a pan add 1 tbs of olive oil and saute the kale and broccoli until tender. Alternatively steam.
4 Rinse quinoa in cold water and drain well. Add the quinoa into a pan with double the amount of water – 4 cups, boil and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until water is absorbed, quinoa should be fluffy.
5 In a large dish, add the quinoa, kale, broccoli and pulses, season with remaining olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper and give a good mix. Finally, top with pine nuts and serve with some natural yoghurt.
6 This salad can be eaten warm or cold.
Great recipe. I especially like Quinoa! 💗
me to thankyou