• 1 large sweet potato grated
• 1 normal potato grated – optional
• 1 cup of finely chopped leeks
• 1 white or red onion chopped
• 1 tsp chana masala-can use other spices such as paprika or garam or korma masala
• ½ tsp garlic and coriander seasoning
• 2 tbs gram flour (chickpea flour)
• Drizzle of olive oil
• ¼ tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp madras curry powder
• Handful of chopped coriander
• 4 small baby aubergines
• 1 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tsp chilli sauce
• Handful of fresh coriander
• 1 cup plain yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
1 Pre heat the oven 180 degrees Celsius, gas mark 4.
2 In a large bowl add all the fritter ingredients and mix well, season with salt and pepper.
3 Using your hands make the fritters into round medium sized patties, add a splash of water to the mixture if it is dry.
4 Place the fritters on a greased tray and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, turning halfway through, fritters should be golden and crisp. Alternatively pan fry them.
5 For the dip bake the aubergines with a little oil in the oven until the inside is soft-about 20-30 minutes. Allow to cool then scoop out the flesh in a bowl and mix with the yoghurt, lemon juice chilli sauce, season with salt and pepper and add some of the coriander.
6 Garnish the fritters and dip with the remaining fresh coriander and serve with the aubergine dip.
7 These fritters keep well and taste great the next day when heated under the grill.