• 1 cup of mixed wild rice or any rice of your choice
• 1.5 cups of water
• 100g of plain tempeh – betternaturetempehorganic-tempeh can use alternatives such as soya/tofu
• 50g of curry & 50g of Mediterranean tempeh pieces- betternaturetempeh mediterranean-tempeh-pieces / betternaturetempehcurry-tempeh-pieces
• 80g of kale
• 80g of carrots thinly sliced
• 80g of broccoli chopped
• 3 garlic cloves chopped
• 1/2 a tsp of curry powder
• 1/2 a tsp of paprika
• 1/2 a tsp of cumin powder
• 1/2 a white onion sliced
• 1/4 tsp of miso paste
• Drizzle of soya sauce
1 Wash and drain the rice. Add the rice to a pan with the water and boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until cooked.
2 Slice the plain tempeh into small rectangles, add to a bowl and marinate with curry powder, paprika, cumin, miso and soya sauce.
3 Heat a large frying pan with some oil, add the garlic and sauté followed by all the vegetables. Cook the vegetables on a high heat until tender. Add the marinated tempeh and tempeh pieces and stir fry for a few minutes.
4 Reduce the heat and add the rice and combine. Drizzle a little soya sauce & some extra miso paste and mix.
5 Before serving, fry the white onions until golden and garnish stir fried rice. Allow rice to cool and keep in the fridge or even freeze.
This recipe was a paid partnership with betternaturetempeh