Vegan/ Serves 2
• 1/2 red onion
• 2 cloves of garlic chopped
• 1/4 tsp fennel & cumin seeds
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 1 large tomato chopped
• 1.5 cups of frozen chopped squash (can use sweet potatoes)
• 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
• 2 tsp coconut powder mixed with 2/3rd cup of water or 1/4 cup of coconut milk
• 1/2 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp madras curry powder
• 1/4 tsp chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
• 1/4-1/2 tsp tamarind paste
1 Add the olive oil into a pan and on a medium heat sauté the onions and garlic until golden.
2 Add the tomatoes and cook until softened and absorbed, add the frozen squash followed by the coconut milk and mix.
3 Add all the spices, followed by the tamarind, season with salt and pepper and mix until combined.
4 Add the spinach and allow curry to simmer for about 15 minutes until flavours come through and curry base is slightly thickened.
5 Garnish with chopped cashews and serve with hot rice or naan bread.