Makes 10 , Vegan, these burgers are best served with lovemoorish hummus
• 1 tin of chickpeas rinsed and drained
• 1 tin of lentils rinsed and drained
• 1 tsp garlic and ginger paste
• 1 tsp of madras curry powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp of fennel powder
• 1 tsp paprika powder
• Handful of chopped spring onions
• 2 tbs breadcrumbs or gram flour (chickpea flour)
• Squeeze of lemon
1 Add all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse, if you like a smoother texture blend until smooth, if you like a more grain like texture pulse to desired consistency and season mixture with salt and pepper.
2 Make into small round patties and flatten with your hands, optional to lightly coat the burgers on both sides with some breadcrumbs. Drizzle a little oil in a large frying pan and on a medium heat cook the burgers until golden and crisp. Alternatively bake these burgers in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius, gas mark 4 for about 20-30 minutes.
3 Serve these burgers with hummus, salad and pitta bread.
This recipe was created in exchange for gifted product from lovemoorish hummus