I used @violife_foods for the vegan cheese, a tasty meal, quick lunch and a great sharing platter
• Pack of wholemeal pittas
• Pack of mixed peppers quartered
• 1 red onion sliced
• 1 large courgette sliced
• 1 carton of passata or tin of chopped tomatoes
• Handful of baby aubergines cut into quarters
• 1-2 tbs olive oil
• 1 tsp paprika
• Handful of chillies chopped
• Handful of mozzarella teared
• Handful of black olives chopped
For the Pesto:
• Bunch of basil
• 1/2 cup of pinenuts or cashews
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 lemon juiced
• 1 tbs olive oil
1 Pre heat oven gas mark 4 180 degrees.
2 In a tray add all the veggies including onions and marinate with olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper and mix well. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until soft.
3 Meanwhile brush the pittas with passata, add the roast veg, top with cheese, olives and chilli and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden and melted.
4 For the pesto, whizz all the ingredients and dollop on top.