These contain no egg, makes about 15 squares
• 125g mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds, I used munchyseeds salted-caramel-seeds
• 1 plus 1/4 cups of oats
• 1 cup almonds- can use any choice of nuts
• 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
• 3/4 cup butter or margarine
• 1/2 cup of molasses sugar I used billingtons sugar
• 1 tbs smooth peanut butter
1 Pre heat oven 180 degrees Celsius, gas mark 4.
2 Add the seeds, almonds, oats and coconut into a food processor and pulse until crumble like, if you prefer a smoother consistency pulse for a longer time.
3 In a large pan melt the butter and peanut butter, add the sugar and stir until melted and combined.
4 Add the flapjack mixture into the wet mixture and mix until combined.
5 Grease a shallow baking square tray and spread the flapjack mixture evenly to fill the tray and flatten on top with your hands or use a round small bowl to smoothen out the mixture on top-Keep the flapjacks to a good thickness.
6 Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, allow to cool.
7 Optional- melt some dark chocolate and spread on top of the flapjacks and sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top, allow to cool.
8 Once cooled gently cut into squares and keep in an airtight container.
This recipe was created in exchange for gifted product from munchyseeds