• 1 tbs rapeseed or sunflower oil
• 1 white onion chopped
• ¼ tsp fennel seeds
• ¼ tsp cumin seeds
• ¼ tsp mustard seeds
• 400g frozen jack fruit or 1 tin of jack fruit rinsed and drained- I used jackandchill frozen jack fruit
• 2 tsp Sri Lankan curry powder- alternatively you can use hot madras curry powder
• ½ tsp chilli powder
• 1 tsp madras curry powder
• ¼ tsp turmeric
• 150ml low fat coconut milk
• ½ cup of water
• 1 medium sized tomato roughly quartered
• 1 cup frozen peas
1 In a pan heat the oil and add the fennel, cumin and mustard seeds along with the onions and sauté until golden.
2 Ensure the jackfruit is defrosted and squeeze out any excess water. Add the jack fruit to the pan and mix.
3 Add all the spices and mix well. Pour in the coconut milk and water and combine and simmer for about 15 minutes until all the flavours have absorbed. Add the peas and tomatoes 5 minutes towards the end and season the curry with some salt.
4 Taste the curry and if you like more chilli add some chopped green chillies or more chilli powder. If you prefer a thicker consistency cook the curry for longer, if you prefer a more sauce based curry add more coconut milk.
5 Serve the curry with rice or naan. This curry can be kept in the freezer for later use.
This recipe was created in exchange for gifted product from jackandchill