Why not try baking these delicious chocolate protein cookies made with oats and protein powder. They make a great little snack and keep well
• 1/3rd cup rapeseed oil
• 1 cup plain oats or chocolate oats- This recipe uses chocolate flavoured oats thegreatbritishporridgecochocolate
• 1/2 cup plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 cup dairy or non dairy milk-almond milk has been used in this recipes
• 1 tbs cacao powder
• 1 tbs chocolate inulin syrup or maple syrup
• 1 tbs smooth peanut butter
• 1-2 tbs chocolate protein powder-formnutrition vegan chocolate protein powder has been used in this recipe
1 Pre heat oven 180 degrees Celsius, gas mark 4.
2 In a large bowl add the dry ingredients in a bowl and combine.
3 In a jug add the oil, milk, syrup and peanut butter and whisk until combined.
4 Add wet to dry mixture and combine until dough forms, the mixture will be a little sticky.
5 Make small scoops, add a scoop of cookie batter to a greased baking tray and gently flatten with fingers and sprinkle with some chocolate chips or cacao nibs on top of each cookie.
6 Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, switch the oven of and leave for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
7 Once cooled, store in an airtight container. These cookies have a soft crumbly texture and tastes great when dunked in a glass of milk.