• 1 cup of plain flour
• 1 tsp of baking powder
• 1 tbs of cacao powder or cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup of ground almonds
• 1/2 a cup of almond milk- can use any milk
• 1/3rd cup of sunflower or rapeseed oil
• 1/2 a cup of castor sugar
• 1 tbs of dark chocolate sea salt almond butter-can use any smooth peanut butter
• 2 round cooked beetroot grated
• A handful of chopped pecans
• A handful of fresh raspberries
1 Pre heat oven gas mark 4, 180 degrees Celsius.
2 In large bowl, add the beetroot, oil, milk, and sugar and mix.
3 In a separate small bowl add the flour, baking powder, ground almonds and cacao powder and mix. Add this to the wet ingredients and combine until smooth thick batter.
4 Add the chopped pecans and peanut butter and fold in.
5 Pour the batter into a greased loaf tin, scatter the raspberries and press into the batter and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool, slice the brownie into rectangles and serve with crème fraiche or yoghurt or ice-cream.